For about US$150 a night you can get a great room in Osaka. Here are our favorite mid-budget hotels in Osaka, all personally inspected.
Osaka Mid-Range Hotel Room © mollystevens
The mid-range is the sweet spot for Osaka accommodation. If you’re willing to spend around US$150 a night, there are lots of comfortable and well-located hotels in Osaka. Here is our very subjective list of the best mid-range and business hotels in Osaka. Be sure to check my Where to Stay in Osaka page before deciding where to stay. These are listed in order of preference.
- Cross Hotel Osaka (Minami)
This stylish boutique hotel is right on the main street of Minami, Midosuji, just steps from all the action in Dotombori, Ame-mura and Shinsaibashi. Given the quality of the rooms and the unbeatable location, this hotel takes the top spot on this list.
- Mitsui Garden Hotel Osaka Premier (Kita)
The Mitsui Garden rivals the Cross Hotel above as the best mid-budget hotel value in the city. It’s located on scenic Nakanoshima Island, within relatively easy walking distance of both Kita and Umeda.
- Hotel Brighton City Osaka Kitahama (Central Osaka)
Near Kitahama subway station and within walking distance of Osaka Castle, this hotel doesn’t have the most convenient location, but it makes up for it with larger-than-average rooms, excellent service and competitive rates.
- Arietta Hotel (Central Osaka)
Very close to Honmachi Station, this stylish little boutique business hotel is a great choice in the mid-range bracket. It’s neat and clean and the management tries hard to please.
- Crowne Plaza ANA Osaka (Kita)
In the heart of the Kita-Shinchi entertainment district, this hotel is at the upper end of the mid-range price bracket and it can feel like a proper luxury hotel.
- Remm Shin-Osaka (Shin-Osaka Area)
Right at Shin-Osaka Station, this business hotel is definitely a step up from others in its class. It’s very comfortable, well run and efficient. It’s the perfect choice if you need to stay near the bullet trains.
- Dotonbori Hotel (Minami)
This great little hotel with a superb location right in the heart of Dotombori would be a great choice for someone who wants to explore Osaka’s nightlife.
- Namba Oriental Hotel (Minami)
Right in the heart of Namba, this well-located hotel is an excellent value and the management tries very hard to please. There are endless dining and shopping spots nearby.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Find out why it's essential you have travel insurance for Japan