A charming mid-range boutique hotel located near Shinsaibashi, Hotel the Grandee offers spacious, tastefully decorated rooms in the heart of the city. A free drink every evening at the hotel lounge doesn’t hurt, either!
Hotel the Grandee is a small but well-designed boutique hotel. The nearest station is Nagahoribashi Station, but it’s not far from Dotonbori Namba, and a few shopping arcades and department stores. For instance, Daimaru is just 5 minutes away on foot. This makes it a convenient choice for anyone who wants to be near all the action. But, it’s also low key enough that you won’t be overwhelmed by all the noise.
Rooms are much more spacious than average for Japanese hotels, and rather luxuriously outfitted for the price. A special mention must go to the tasteful and thoughtful decor. Some of the rooms even have a jacuzzi! Each room is decorated in a specific style, so if it matters to you, check out the website beforehand to see if there’s a particular room you want to stay in.
There’s not much in the way of natural light or a view, as the hotel is sandwiched between other buildings. However, the in-room lighting is bright, and at least you』ll be guaranteed a good night’s sleep. If you’re travelling with children under the age of 13, this isn’t a bad idea either, as they can stay for a lower rate of JPY5,000 per person in the same room with an extra bed. Just make sure you specify this at the time of booking.
Breakfast is pretty good, and the room is definitely the sort you wouldn’t mind spending some extra time in. We also really like that they provide a free drink to each guest every evening at the hotel lounge – it’s a great way to unwind and end a long day of exploring Osaka.
For a comfortable and convenient stay at decent mid-range prices, Hotel the Grandee is a great choice. If you have the time, give yourself a little time to relax in the room when you stay here!
Hotel the Grandee
ホテル ザ グランデ
1-6-28 Higashi-shinsaibashi, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi, 542-0083
:: Check availability and pricing for the Hotel the Grandee on Booking.com or Agoda.com.
Subway: 3-minute walk from exit 7 of Nagahoribashi Station on the Osaka Metro Sakaisuji and Nagahori Tsurumi-ryokuchi Lines.
Near To Here:
Hotel the Grandee is located in Osaka's Minami district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Minami district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Osaka Mid-Range and Business Hotels:
View our other recommended mid-range and business hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world