The Westin Osaka is a large international-class hotel with all the facilities you expect and spacious, comfortable rooms and reasonable rates for this class.
Located just 5 minutes from JR Osaka Station on the hotel’s free shuttle bus, the Westin Osaka is a popular and well-run hotel. As expected of an internationally-renowned hotel chain, it’s a comfortable, slightly upscale hotel with a gym, spa, and restaurants. The service is good and the staff are kind and approachable.
Rooms here are soundproofed and spacious for Osaka, and many have great views of the Osaka skyline from the large windows. If you want more panoramic views, you can visit the Umeda Sky Building right next door. Housekeeping services at the Westin are excellent.
Interestingly enough, the Westin Osaka also has some Japanese-style tatami mat-lined rooms where you sleep on futons. They’re pretty comfortable, and there’s even a Japanese-style bathtub!
This hotel has a gym and indoor pool, which is a rarity in Japan. However, just know that it’s par for the course to charge hotel guests a day rate if you want to use these facilities.
While there’s very little to complain about at the Westin, sadly, breakfast here is decidedly overpriced and not great value for money. The hotel restaurants are also on the more expensive side and aren’t worth shelling out for either. Where possible, we recommend skipping meals at the hotel and going out instead. There’s just so many great restaurants out in Osaka!
The Westin Osaka
1-1-20 Oyodo-naka, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, 531-0076
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 7-minute walk from the north central exit of Osaka Station.
Train and Subway: 7-minute walk from Umeda Station.
Near To Here:
The Westin Osaka is located in Osaka's Kita and Umeda district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Kita and Umeda district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Osaka Mid-Range and Business Hotels:
View our other recommended mid-range and business hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online from Klook for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- Find out why travel insurance for Japan is essential – World Nomads is well-regarded