Osaka is one of Japan’s best family destinations. Here is a carefully curated list of the best family-friendly hotels in Osaka.
Osaka Aquarium whale shark © bonguri
If you’re traveling with children, you know how important it is to stay in a child-friendly hotel. That means bigger rooms and/or more beds/cots, a convenient location and reasonable prices. The hotels on this list fill these criteria.
Click on the District Link for more details on what's nearby each hotel.
- Hotel Ichie (Minami District)
This Japanese-style ryokan/hotel is a great value. The tatami-mat rooms allow you to fit a whole family in one room.
- Fraser Residence Osaka (Minami District)
With a convenient Minami location, this semi-serviced-apartment/hotel is a great choice for families.
- Hotel Monterey Grasmere Osaka (Minami District)
Right above JR Namba Station, this large hotel has relatively large rooms and a super convenient location.
- Hotel Brighton City Osaka Kitahama (Central Osaka)
Near Kitahama subway station, the larger-than-average rooms here are good for families.
- Osaka Marriot Miyako Hotel (Tennoji Area)
Located on the top floors of the soaring Abeno Harukas tower, this hotel has some brilliant on-site facilities and there are food floors in the tower offer endless family-friendly dining choices.
- Hotel Universal Port (Osaka Bay Area)
Hotel Universal Port is the best family-friendly hotel in the Osaka Bay Area.
- Shin-Osaka Station Hotel (Shin-Osaka Area)
A step above most business hotels, this comfortable hotel near Shin-Osaka has triple rooms, which are rare in Japan.
- Courtyard by Marriott Shin-Osaka Station (Shin-Osaka Area)
The only proper luxury hotel at Shin-Osaka, this fine hotel is great for families who intend to use the shinkansen to explore central Japan.
- Hotel Keihan Kyobashi (Osaka Castle Area)
This hotel is still an excellent choice, especially for those who want to visit both Osaka and Kyoto (since the hotel is right on the Keihan Line, which connects the cities). Rooms are larger than average for Japan and very well kept.
- Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport (Southern Osaka)
If you’ve ever suffered through an early wake up to catch a flight with children, then we strongly recommend staying your last night at an airport hotel. When we have an early departure from KIX, we usually stay at this excellent hotel right at the airport. It makes the flights so much more pleasant!
- Star Gate Hotel Kansai Airport (Southern Osaka)
If you find the rooms booked at the Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport above and you have an early flight out of KIX, then we highly recommend this hotel right across the bridge from the airport.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads