You have to look hard to find boutique hotels in Osaka. But when you find them, they’re great. Here is our list of Osaka’s best boutique hotels.
Osaka boutique hotel room © frikitiki
Boutique hotels are a new concept in Japan, but they’re catching on. Here are our picks for Osaka’s best boutique hotels. Boutique hotels offers a nice change from cookie-cutter hotels. If you’re looking for a little style and personality, you’ll definitely appreciate a night or two in a boutique hotel. Be sure to check our Where to Stay in Osaka page before deciding where to stay.
- Cross Hotel Osaka (Minami)
This super-stylish hotel is right in the heart of the action in Minami – you can’t get a better location than this! The rooms are clean and comfortable and the bathrooms are great. Highly recommended!
- Arietta Hotel (Central Osaka)
In the middle of Honmachi, and within walking distance of both Kita and Minami, this simple, spare and stylish hotel is a really nice place to stay at a reasonable price.
- Bali Tower Hotel Tennoji (Tennoji Area)
This unusual Bali-themed hotel a short walk north of JR Tennoji Station is one of the better budget hotel values in the city. The rooms are clean, stylish and well kept and the management tries really hard to please.
- St. Regis Osaka (Central Osaka)
Somewhere between an ultra-lux hotel and a boutique hotel, the St Regis is an immaculate hotel right in the heart of Honmachi, just steps from Honmachi Station. If you want supreme comfort right in the middle of this city, this is an excellent choice.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads