Ramen is classic Osaka food. If you love good ramen, you’ll really love Osaka. Here is our list of the best ramen restaurants in Osaka, all personally inspected (and enjoyed).
Osaka Ramen © jonolist
Meaty, cheap, casual and delicious, ramen is the perfect Osaka food. You can find all of Japan’s regional ramen styles represented in the city. In addition to standard-issue cheap and easy ramen, you can even find artisanal and refined ramen in Osaka.
Here are our favorites:
- Gunjou (Kita; budget)
This ramen and tsukemen (soup on the side noodles) specialist is one of the best in Kita.
- Resshishouyumenkoubousanku (Kita; budget)
The incredible ramen here is worth the wait at this awkwardly named ramen joint.
- Ryukishinraizu (Minami; budget)
The thick soup at this Minami ramen shop is mouth-watering good.
- Tsukemen Nidaime Misawa (Minami; budget)
This Shinsaibashi ramen shop specializes in tsukemen and it’s great.
- Gekiryuu (Minami; budget)
Try the memorable noodles at this Namba ramen shop.
- Menya Ageha (Osaka Castle Area; budget)
For tasty and meaty ramen within walking distance of Osaka Castle Park, try this popular local eatery.
- Ramenuroko (Shin-Osaka Area; budget)
One stop south of Shin-Osaka Station, this ramen specialist is a great place for lunch or dinner.
- Ramen Kingu (Shin-Osaka Area; budget)
One stop south of Shin-Osaka Station, this is another great ramen specialist.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online from Klook for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Find out why it's essential you have travel insurance for Japan