This unusual and zany Bali-themed hotel, only a short walk north of JR Tennoji Station, is on the low end of the mid-range category. The rooms are clean, stylish and well kept. The range of services and freebies for guests really sets Hotel Bali Tower Osaka Tennoji apart from the rest!
Located a short walk north of JR Tennoji Station, Hotel Bali Tower Osaka Tennoji stands out in the area for its comfortable rooms, convenient location, and reasonable prices. There’s direct access to Kansai Airport via the Haruka Express from JR Tennoji Station. Not all the rooms are equally spacious, so make sure you book one that you like.
More importantly, this hotel is Bali-themed with a Scottish kilt-wearing frog for a mascot. The authenticity of the Balinese touches is questionable: one of the rooms is full of Pickles the Frog motifs. But at this point, you’re hardly going to be questioning their design choices!
Besides the usual conveniences like free and fast WiFi and in-room toiletries, we love that Hotel Bali Tower Osaka Tennoji has all kinds of fun extra little services and amenities for guests. At check-in, you get to play a game where you might win a free lunch. They provide free snacks – like mochi and jelly – and wine every day. If you need a karaoke room, they’ve got one!
Adults and children alike will love the games room where you can play ping pong, air hockey, Disco Dance Revolution, racing games, and more, at no additional cost. You can sample all sorts of toiletries like body lotions, makeup removers, and bath salts for free, too.
Is it gimmicky? Kind of. But that’s the whole point of this hotel – you’re not here for a conventional stay. Rooms are reasonably priced and you get all these fun little extras to boot. If you’re looking for a more ‘Japanese’ hotel, this isn’t it. But if you don’t mind the pseudo-Balinese theme, it’s great.
Hotel Bali Tower Osaka Tennoji
8-1 Hiden'in-cho, Tennoji-ku, Osaka-shi, 543-0055
wifi and LAN cable access
Train and Subway: 2-minute walk from Tennoji Station.
Near To Here:
Hotel Bali Tower Osaka Tennoji is located in Osaka's Tennoji district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Tennoji district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Osaka Mid-Range and Business Hotels:
View our other recommended mid-range and business hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with a Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world