Just two minutes away from JR Osaka Station on foot, the Hilton Osaka is a large Western-style hotel with all the facilities you expect from this international chain. Think fabulous city views from spacious rooms.
If you’ve stayed at a Hilton anywhere else in the world, you already know what to expect: great service and comfortable rooms. Location-wise, the Hilton Osaka is hard to beat. The hotel is connected to both Osaka and Umeda stations via an underground walkway, making it one of the most conveniently-located ones in this area.
The rooms here are pretty spacious, and they have great city views from the high floors. Tall people won’t have an issue with beds here as might be the case in most Japanese hotels: the beds are extra-long! However, the beds and pillows are on the harder side than most Hilton outposts in other countries. Most Asian tourists will love the firmer beds, but everyone else, you’ve been warned.
The breakfast spread here is adequate and generally worth including with your room – you get a good mix of Japanese and continental choices every morning. The hotel restaurant options are good but on the pricey side. Make use of the hotel concierge service instead and book a a couple of posh meals somewhere out in Osaka. You’re here to explore the city after all!
While there’s a gym, it’s fairly small relative to the number of guests in the hotel. There’s also a swimming pool, which is a rarity in Japanese hotels. Room service is also available 24 hours if desired.
As expected of a Hilton hotel, service is good but not over-the-top great. The hotel itself is reasonably good value for money, but not exceptional. Don’t expect complete luxury and you’ll enjoy your stay here.
1-8-8 Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, 530-0001
wifi and LAN cable access
Train and Subway: 1-minute walk from Umeda Station.
Train: 2-minute walk from the Sakurabashi exit of Osaka Station.
Near To Here:
Hilton Osaka is located in Osaka's Kita and Umeda district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Kita and Umeda district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Osaka Mid-Range and Business Hotels:
View our other recommended mid-range and business hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- Find out why travel insurance for Japan is essential – World Nomads is well-regarded