Located a 5-minute walk from Higobashi Subway Station, Mitsui Garden Hotel Osaka Premier has comfortable rooms at decent prices. We like the onsen hot spring bath on the 16th floor, and the complimentary shuttle service to and from JR Osaka Station makes getting to the shopping area a breeze!
Mitsui Garden Hotel Osaka Premier is a lovely hotel in the Kita Ward. The nearest station is Higobashi Subway Station, so this hotel isn’t the most convenient if you want to be right near places like Umeda or Namba. But if you don’t mind a little extra train travel every day, it shouldn’t prove too onerous for you. Plus, the hotel provides a complimentary shuttle service to and from JR Osaka Station – i.e. where all the shopping is!
Rooms here are reasonably sized by Japanese standards, and they’re comfortable and very clean. Some have a great view of the Dojima River, too. One minor criticism is that the pillows are on the soft side – they’re the kind that flatten after a while – but this is not
Breakfast isn’t included in the room price, but you can add this on if desired. It’s nothing to write home about though. Breakfast options in the area around the hotel aren’t particularly plentiful, but you might still want to consider saving your stomach space in the morning and head over to areas like Kita-Horie for your morning coffee.
LIke an increasing number of hotels in Japan these days, Mitsui Garden Hotel Osaka Premier provides smartphones for guests to use during their stay. These “handy phones” are provided free of charge, and allow you to make free domestic calls, browse the internet, and find your way around town. They’ll bill you if you lose the phone, but it’s an otherwise useful and convenient service.
The 16th floor houses a small onsen hot spring bath, with bathing facilities separated by gender. It’s a great way to unwind at the end of a long day exploring Osaka. However, bear in mind that it does get a little busy late at night, and those with tattoos aren’t allowed to use the baths. It’s a slightly archaic rule, but it’s likely to be strictly enforced. If you’re set on bathing there, you may want to contact the hotel to confirm whether they’ll let you use the facilities.
Hotel guests have the option of paying for lounge access. The night views from the lounge are stunning, so if you plan on spending some time enjoying that, the extra charge might be worth it. However, they don’t offer any snacks or drinks besides tea, coffee, juice, and biscuits.
In general, you’ll have a comfortable stay at Mitsui Garden Hotel Osaka Premier, and you might be able to find some great prices depending on when you book. However, its location will be the make-or-break factor in your decision. Getting to Osaka Station will be just a little less convenient, and there’s not very much in the immediate vicinity in terms of tourist attractions. But if you don’t mind staying a little further away, this is good choice.
Mitsui Garden Hotel Osaka Premier
3-4-15 Nakanoshima, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, 530-0005
Train: 3-minute walk from exit 2 of Watanabebashi Station on the Keihan Nakanoshima Line.
Subway: 5-minute walk from exit 2 of Higobashi Station on the Osaka Metro Yotsubashi Line.
Near To Here:
Mitsui Garden Hotel Osaka Premier is located in Osaka's Kita and Umeda district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Kita and Umeda district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Osaka Mid-Range and Business Hotels:
View our other recommended mid-range and business hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with a Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world