Near Kitahama subway station and within walking distance of Osaka Castle, this hotel doesn’t have the most convenient location, but it makes up for it with larger-than-average rooms, excellent service and competitive rates.
Small hotel rooms are an unfortunate reality when it comes to travelling in Japan. However, not all is lost: if you’re looking for a place in Osaka with relatively spacious rooms, consider staying at Hotel Brighton City Osaka Kitahama.
Located 5 minutes away on foot from Kitahama subway station and within walking distance of Osaka Castle, this hotel might not be at the center of all the action, but makes up for it with room size, excellent service, and competitive rates. It’s right next to a supermarket and opposite a Family Mart, which is great if you want to pick up some snacks when the midnight cravings strike.
Rooms at Hotel Brighton are clean, bright, and stylish. More importantly, they are on the spacious side by Japanese standards for the price point, meaning you can actually have more than two suitcases open at the same time. Beds here are firm but comfortable.
All rooms are fitted with air purifiers and humidifiers. The rain showers have good water pressure, and the amenities provided are adequate. We like the free slippers and green tea! You can also ask for massage services in your room for an additional fee.
A few caveats: while there’s a hairdryer in each room, it’s not exactly the most powerful piece of equipment around. If you have long hair, be prepared to spend longer than usual blow drying it. The WiFi can be a little spotty depending on the room you’re in, and while the staff are friendly, not all of them speak or understand English perfectly. These are fairly minor issues but things to remember when you’re staying here!
Though the nearest subway stop is Kitahama Station, you might actually end up walking 15 minutes to Yodoyabashi Station instead if you need a direct connection to Umeda Station or Shin-Osaka Station. If you’re planning on staying in Osaka as a base for day trips elsewhere, consider staying around Shin-Osaka instead for convenience’s sake.
Hotel Brighton City Osaka Kitahama
1-1 Fushimi-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi, 541-0044
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway and Train: 1-minute walk from exit 5 of Kitahama Station on the Osaka Metro Sakaisuji Line and Keihan Main Line.
Near To Here:
Hotel Brighton City Osaka Kitahama is located in Osaka's Central district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Central district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Osaka Mid-Range and Business Hotels:
View our other recommended mid-range and business hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world