Make the most of your trip to Osaka with our comprehensive Osaka itineraries, our recommendations of the best places to eat in Osaka and rundowns of essential attractions in each of Osaka's fascinating districts
Make the most of your time in Osaka with my carefully planned itineraries for trips from 1 to 5 days. Read More
Osaka has great hotels in all budget classes. Here are the best Osaka hotels in each budget class, all personally inspected. Read More
Planning a trip to Osaka? This is the place to start. I’ll take you through all the big questions: When, where, why and how. And, of course, how much. Read More
Our comprehensive list of the best things to do in Osaka will help you make the most of your time in the city. Read More
Discover the best time of year to visit Osaka, get a sense of Osaka weather month by month, and the dates of Osaka's best festivals. Read More
Osaka is served by two airports - Kansai for international flights and Itami for domestic. Here are all the details. Read More
Want to eat where Osaka locals actually eat? Then check out our guide to some of Osaka's best local restaurants. Read More
Japan Travel Guides
There are several must-see destinations in Japan within easy reach of Osaka. They all make great additions to any Osaka itinerary. These concise guides provide details about what to see and do.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with a Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world