Osaka has great hotels in all budget classes. Here are the best Osaka hotels in each budget class, all personally inspected.
Osaka luxury hotel room
Osaka hotels change their rates according to the season with the highest rates in spring (late March to the end of April). On this site, we use the following price ranges to classify hotels. The rates here are per-room (ie, not per-person) for twin or double rooms. Exchange rates are as of October 2016.
- Budget: less than Y10,000 (US$83) per room
- Mid-range: between Y10,000 (US$83) and Y30,000 (US$250) per room
- Luxury: over Y30,000 (US$250) per room
Where To Stay in Osaka
- Osaka is a big city and each urban hub has its own character so it’s very important to stay in a good area. See my Where to Stay in Osaka page for my advice on the best places to stay in Osaka.
Best Budget Hotels
- Believe it or not, you can get a perfectly acceptable room in Osaka for less than Y10,000 (US$83 in October 2015). See my Best Osaka Budget Hotels page for my list of Osaka’s best budget hotels.
Best Mid-Range and Business Hotels
- The mid-range, between Y10,000 (US$97) and Y30,000 (US$292) per room, is the sweet spot for Osaka hotels. Hotels in this range approach the quality of luxury hotels in other parts of the world. Many are business hotels or upscale business hotels. See my Best Osaka Mid-Range and Business Hotels page for my top picks in this price range.
Best Luxury Hotels
- Osaka has some superb luxury hotels (over Y30,000/US$250 per room). See my Best Osaka Luxury Hotels page for my list of the best hotels in the city.
Best Boutique Hotels
- There aren’t many boutique hotels in Osaka, but the ones that exist are great! See my Best Boutique Hotels in Osaka page for my top picks.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Find out why it's essential you have travel insurance for Japan