Believe it or not, you can easily get a hotel in central Osaka for less than US$100 per night! Here are the best Osaka hotels in the budget category, all personally inspected.
Osaka budget hotel room © elcapitanbsc
A budget hotel in Osaka will cost around Y10,000 for a single/twin/double for most of the year. In the spring (March/April/May) and fall (October and November), you might have to pay a bit more. Most budget hotels in Osaka are located away from the city center, in less fashionable neighborhoods. But, you can even find good budget hotels in hot spots like Kita and Minami.
The biggest concentration of good-value hotels is in the Central Osaka/Honmachi district, but you’ll also find them in Kita, Minami, Tennoji and the Shin-Osaka Area. Here are my favorite budget hotels in Osaka, based on price, quality, location and service. Be sure to check my Where to Stay in Osaka page before deciding where to stay. These are listed in order of preference.
- Toyoko Inn Osaka Semba (Central Osaka)
The Toyoko Inn is one of the best hotel deals in the city. The rooms are small but they’re clean and supplied with everything you need. A free breakfast is included.
- Hearton Hotel Shinsaibashi (Minami)
Right in the heart of it all in Shinsaibashi, this is one of the better hotel values in Minami. It’s comfortable and clean and the location is excellent – perfect for exploring Shinsaibashi.
- Hotel The Lutheran (Osaka Castle Area)
This is a very good hotel with reasonable rates within easy walking distance of Osaka Castle Park. And don't worry – it’s not a monastery or anything like that! Rooms are larger than average for Japan.
- Super Hotel JR Shin-Osaka Higashiguchi (Shin-Osaka Area)
A short walk east of Shin-Osaka Station, this branch of the Super Hotel chain offers a minimalist business hotel experience at very reasonable rates. It’s great for a one-night stay near the station.
- Toyoko Inn Shin-Osaka Chuo-guchi Honkan (Shin-Osaka Area)
A short walk south of Shin-Osaka Station, this business hotel offers everything you need in a small and efficient package. If you know this chain, you know that it’s a great value.
- Bali Tower Hotel Tennoji (Tennoji Area)
This unusual Bali-themed hotel, only a short walk north of JR Tennoji Station, is one of the better budget hotel values in the city. The rooms are clean, stylish and well kept.
- Super Hotel Osaka Tennoji (Tennoji Area)
Located between Tennoji-koen Park and Shitenno-ji Temple, this efficient business hotel offers clean, compact rooms at very reasonable rates.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads