Make the most of your time in Osaka with my carefully planned itineraries for trips from 1 to 5 days. Or use one of my special interest itineraries. And don’t miss my Osaka-Kyoto and Osaka-Kyoto-Tokyo combination itineraries.
Osaka Castle in spring
Click any itinerary below to read the full itinerary.
- 1-Day Osaka Itinerary
Even 1 day is enough to get a good taste of Osaka. I’ve put together the perfect 1-day itinerary to help you get the most out of one full day in Osaka.
- Must See 1-Day Osaka Itinerary
If you’re in a hurry and want to see the really important parts of Osaka, our Must-See Osaka 1-Day Itinerary is for you. It’s the most efficient way to see the city fast.
- 2-Day Osaka Itinerary
Two days is the perfect amount of time to spend in Osaka. This 2-day itinerary allows you to get the best of the city without tiring yourself out.
- 3-Day Osaka Itinerary
If you have three days, you can really explore the different districts of Osaka. Our 3-day Osaka itinerary allows you to see the best sights efficiently and easily.
Special Interest Itineraries
- Osaka 1-Day Cherry Blossom Itinerary
Osaka might not be as famous as nearby Kyoto for cherry blossoms, but there are actually plenty of good cherry blossom spots in the city. Here's a 1-day Osaka cherry blossom itinerary, plus a few tips to make the most of your time here without stressing out.
- Osaka Shopping Itinerary
Osaka is a shopper’s paradise, but it’s easy to get overwhelmed by all the choices. This 1-day Osaka Shopping Itinerary will help you make the most of your time.
- Osaka 1-Day Itinerary with Children
Osaka is a great place to travel with children with some of Japan’s best child-friendly attractions. Here’s the perfect 1-day itinerary for families with children.
- Osaka 2-Day Itinerary with Children
Osaka is full of great child-friendly attractions. This itinerary is the best way to sample the best of them during a 2-day visit.
- Osaka-Kyoto 1-Week Itinerary
If you’ve got one week in Japan and don’t want to travel much, an Osaka-Kyoto itinerary is a great way to see both modern and traditional Japan. Here’s how to do it.
- Osaka-Kyoto-Tokyo 10-Day Itinerary
Ten days is the perfect amount of time to spend in Japan. Here’s a great Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka itinerary that will allow you to see the best places efficiently and easily.
To fully plan your trip to Japan, see my comprehensive Japan itineraries which guide you to the best locations and map out each day for you.
- Japan Itineraries Overview
- 1 Week Japan Itinerary: Tokyo and Kyoto
- 10 Day Japan Itinerary: Tokyo, Kyoto and Kanazawa
- 10 Day Japan Itinerary: Tokyo, Kyoto and Takayama
- 2 Week Japan Itinerary: The Grand Tour
- 7 to 10 Day Japan Itinerary: Kyoto, Osaka, Nara and Hiroshima
- Japan With Children Itinerary
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online from Klook for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy - here's how.
- Find out why it's essential you have travel insurance for Japan - we recommend World Nomads.