In a city where eating is taken very seriously, it’s only natural that you can find some of the best sushi restaurants in the country. Here is a short list of our favorites, all personally tasted and enjoyed!
Sushi selection © u-suke
The sushi restaurants listed here are all excellent and, more importantly, approachable. Yes, you might find better sushi at a few of Osaka’s elite restaurants, but it would be hard to enter such places without a Japanese friend. The places listed here are all places you can actually visit and enjoy.
- Aoki (Kita; expensive)
A bit of a hike from the middle of the Kita district, this sushi is worth the trip!
- Sushidokoro Tada (Kita; expensive)
Sublime sushi in the Kita-Shinchi entertainment district.
- Sushitokorojinsei (Minami; expensive)
For brilliant sushi when in Minami, try this wonderful restaurant.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online from Klook for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- Find out why it's essential you have travel insurance for Japan - we recommend World Nomads.