This comfortable little hotel with a superb location right in the heart of Dotombori is a great choice for someone who wants to explore Osaka’s nightlife.
If you want to be near Dotonbori, Dotonbori Hotel is perfect for you. It’s located on the quieter end of Dotonbori Street, so you’ll be near the action without all the noise. Ask for a quiet room if you’re concerned about noise. You’ll recognise it immediately, since it has four statues of giant heads on the ground floor!
Rooms here are on the smaller side, which is to be expected for Japanese hotels. It’s not the kind of hotel you’ll want to lounge around in. However, they’re clean and just fine since you’ll be spending your time exploring Osaka. Amazingly enough, the fridge in the room has free beverages, too. The breakfast buffet is very decent for the price.
The complimentary cosmetics kit for women contains cleansing oil, cleansing milk, skin lotion, and emulsion. So, you can forget about carrying all those bottles of skincare and save your luggage space for more shopping. The 24-hour Donkihote is located just minutes away on foot, which is fantastically convenient if you’re planning on carting back bags of souvenirs to your hotel. Shinsaibashi suji and Ebisubashisuji arcades are located just a short walk away, too.
Like an increasing number of hotels in Japan these days, Dotonbori Hotel also provides smartphones for guests to use during their stay. These “handy phones” are provided free of charge, and allow you to make free domestic calls, browse the internet and find your way around town. They’ll bill you if you lose the phone, but it’s an otherwise useful and convenient service.
We love that Dotonbori Hotel goes the extra mile for guests with fun little services and amenities, such as free ramen late at night to hotel guests, a DVD library, and free portable WiFi available on request at the front desk. There are massage chairs in the lobby, too.
Overall, we like Dotonbori Hotel for its combination of great location and good service. The rooms are a little small, but that’s the price you pay for being right in the heart of the city.
2-3-25 Dotonbori, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi, 542-0071
Subway and Train: 5-minute walk from exit 25 of Namba Station.
More Osaka Mid-Range and Business Hotels:
View our other recommended mid-range and business hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world