Enjoying a brilliant location, overlooking the north end of Shinsaibashi (and directly over a subway stop), the Hotel Nikko Osaka is a fantastic hotel. Considering the style and service, the rooms here are very good value.
Hotel Nikko Osaka offers comfortable, reasonably spacious rooms right in the heart of Osaka’s shopping district. If you’re familiar with the Nikko chain of hotels, you know that the quality of your stay at this hotel will be pretty high. And, depending on which website you book rooms at, you can sometimes find discounted rates that make a stay here very good value indeed.
The best part of the Hotel Nikko Osaka is its location. It’s directly connected to the subway station (take Exit 8 of Shinsaibashi Station), with easy access to Namba, Dotonbori, Midosuji Avenue, and Amerika-mura. Daimaru department store is also right across the street.
Rooms are reasonably spacious by Japanese standards, and they’re clean and tidy. Mornings at the Nikko see a delicious Japanese-style buffet spread every morning. Good Japanese-style breakfasts are not particularly easy to come by at hotels – they can be hit or miss – so you’ll be missing out if you don’t include breakfast during your stay here.
Those who enjoy hanging out in hotel bars should be forewarned: guests are not exempt from the cover charges. Also, another feature we hope the Hotel Nikko Osaka seriously considers fixing in future is the air-conditioning. Rooms can be on the stuffy side, and it’s not really adjustable from inside the room.
While Hotel Nikko Osaka is directly connected to Shinsaibashi subway station, getting to Kansai Airport will necessitate heading to the belly of the subway via a flight of stairs and an escalator before another change of trains. Nikko Hotel is the perfect place to stay if you plan on getting plenty of shopping done, so when you leave Osaka, consider just hopping in a taxi with all your suitcases to Namba Station instead of taking the subway. It’ll make your departure that much more pleasant.
Hotel Nikko Osaka
1-3-3 Nishi-shinsaibashi, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi, 542-0086
:: Check availability and pricing for the Hotel Nikko Osaka on Booking.com or Agoda.com.
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: Directly connected to exit 8 of Shinsaibashi Station on the Osaka Metro Midosuji and Nagahori Tsurumi-ryokuchi Lines.
Near To Here:
Hotel Nikko Osaka is located in Osaka's Minami district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Minami district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Osaka Mid-Range and Business Hotels:
View our other recommended mid-range and business hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world