With a public hot spring bath, massage services, and a location 5 minutes away from Shin-Osaka Station, Super Hotel JR Shin-Osaka Higashiguchi is a very attractive and inexpensive option for budget travellers.
Super Hotel JR Shin-Osaka Higashiguchi is a favourite with business travellers. It’s a short 5-minute walk from Shin-Osaka Station and the rooms are good value for the price. The free breakfast isn’t too bad either.
As expected for the price you pay, rooms here are small but very clean and functional. You’ll also find the usual amenities from free WiFi to tea and an electric kettle. If you’re a business traveller, know that you can request a trouser press and ironing facilities. Other tourists will find the coin laundry facilities a boon.
Be warned that the beds are perfect for most Asian tastes: both mattresses and pillows are on the decidedly firmer side. Anyone above 6'4" will find the bed too short.
You could use the bathtub in your hotel room, and indeed, the toilet and bath furnishings are typically modern. However, why would you shower in your room when there’s a public hot spring bath on the first floor?
This public hot spring bath isn’t the fanciest bath, but few things beat soaking in a hot spring bath at the end of a long day of exploring Osaka on foot. The only downside is that the onsen is a little small, so there are different bathing times for men and women, and it’ll be busy at peak hours. If you want to splash out further, you could request an in-room massage for an additional cost.
Another unusual touch here is that you don’t get a hotel key. Instead, you’ll be given a code to punch in on your room door keypad. It’s quite useful in the sense that you won’t ever be able to lose your keys; and if you forget the door code, the front desk can just generate one for you again!
Super Hotel JR Shin-Osaka Higashiguchi is definitely a budget hotel geared more towards business travellers, but the amenities are pretty good for what you pay. It’s a perfectly good choice if you’re looking for an affordable hotel in the Shin-Osaka station area.
Super Hotel JR Shin-Osaka Higashiguchi
1-13-26 Higashinakajima, Higashiyodogawa-ku Osaka-Shi, 533-0033
:: Check availability and pricing for the Super Hotel JR Shin-Osaka Higashiguchi on Booking.com or Agoda.com.
wifi and LAN cable access
Train and Subway: 5-minute walk from the east exit of Shin-Osaka Station.
Near To Here:
Super Hotel JR Shin-Osaka Higashiguchi is located in Osaka's Shin-Osaka district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Shin-Osaka district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Budget Osaka Hotels:
View our other recommended budget hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world