Situated just a minute’s walk from Tanimachi-Yonchome Station, Hotel the Lutheran is a good and inexpensive pick for those wanting to visit Osaka Castle. Rooms are larger than average for Japan! It’s also a good base for exploring the rest of the city.
Hotel the Lutheran is a decent, inexpensive hotel in the Osaka Castle area. In fact, it’s just a 15-minute walk eastwards if you want to visit the castle, and the hotel’s proximity to the subway makes it a great base for exploring Osaka City.
The ensuite rooms here are simple but have everything you need - free WiFi, air-conditioning and heating, TVs, a fridge, a bathtub, toiletries. It might be the location, but rooms here are also comparatively spacious - for Japanese hotels, at least! Don’t expect a palace, but it won’t be the shoebox that you might be mentally prepared for.
The front desk is open 24/7, and the whole hotel is set up to be barrier-free for the elderly and handicapped. It’s something to consider if you’re travelling with older relatives, or anyone with disabilities
Usefully, there is also a currency exchange machine in the lobby, which is a godsend if you are visiting mainly cash-only establishments. There’s also a 7-11 around the corner if you need to withdraw money at any point - the ATMs at 7-11 convenience stores accept international cards and they’re operable 24/7.
Though the breakfast buffet at Restaurant Olive is Western and Japanese, the emphasis on the latter is somewhat heavier. Those who really like their Western-style breakfasts may wish to skip this and explore Osaka’s morning cafe options instead. (Perhaps you could try heading to Kuromon Market for breakfast!)
While the Dotonbori area is most popular with travellers, hotels there can be a little over-priced because of the location. And sometimes it’s quite nice to be just a little removed from all the noise and action! Staying in the Osaka Castle area is a good alternative, and Hotel the Lutheran is one to consider if you’re looking for inexpensive but decent accommodation.
Hotel the Lutheran
3-1-6 Tani-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi, 540-0012
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 1-minute walk from exit 1-B of Tanimachi 4-chome Station on the Osaka Metro Tanimachi and Chuo Lines.
Near To Here:
Hotel the Lutheran is located in Osaka's Osaka Castle district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Osaka Castle district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Budget Osaka Hotels:
View our other recommended budget hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world