The Toyoko Inn Osaka Umeda Higashi is a cheap, decent business hotel in the Kita district. Rooms are no-frills but they have everything you might need just to sleep here. Don’t expect luxury and you’ll be set.
Any Japanese business traveller will be familiar with the Toyoko Inn chain. With hundreds of branches all over Japan, Toyoko Inn offers simple and small rooms with a free breakfast for very reasonable prices.
In terms of amenities, they have everything a business traveller might need or want: free WiFi, a 24-hour front desk, a TV, laundry services (those suits won’t clean themselves), a wake-up service, free domestic phone calls, and massages. Service is polite and efficient.
The Osaka Umeda Higashi branch is a typical iteration in this regard. Rooms are basic but comfortable. If you just need an affordable base to set up for a night or few as you explore Osaka, this hotel isn’t a bad option at all. Something to take heed of, though: the beds are perfect for most Asian tastes, i.e. it’s on the stiffer side. Consider yourself warned if you like softer mattresses.
The other catch is that it isn’t super near JR Osaka Station - it’s a 20-minute walk away. The nearest subway is Minami Morimachi Station, however, which is fine if you’re going to explore Osaka by subway. The hotel itself is located near the small but charming Horikawaebisu Shrine, too.
If you’re arriving with a great deal of luggage on your first day in Osaka, you might be better off taking a taxi to the hotel instead of lugging your suitcases around in public transit.
Toyoko Inn Osaka Umeda Higashi
5-3-25 Nishitemma, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, 530-0047
::Check availability and pricing for the Toyoko Inn Osaka Umeda Higashi on Agoda.com.
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 3-minute walk from exit 1 of Minami-morimachi Station on the Osaka Metro Tanimachi and Sakaisuji Lines.
Train: 5-minute walk from exit 3 of Osakatemmangu Station on the JR Tozai Line.
Near To Here:
Toyoko Inn Osaka Umeda Higashi is located in Osaka's Kita and Umeda district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Kita and Umeda district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Budget Osaka Hotels:
View our other recommended budget hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world