Hearton Hotel is a centrally-located hotel that’s a perfectly decent pick for budget travellers. The combination of clean, comfortable accommodation and Namba a 10-minute walk away is hard to beat.
Located a stone’s throw from Exit 7 of Shinsaibashi Station, and by Amerika-mura, Hearton Hotel is another perfectly decent pick for travellers in the market for budget accommodation. It’s a little tricky to find so you’ll want to have the location marked on a map or use Google Maps when making your way there. The highly central location for the price may be its best selling point!
Rooms here are clean and comfortable. They’re ensuite, have a decent set of toiletries, and flat-screen TVs. Furnishings are simple, and not the newest but well-maintained. However, in terms of room size, you’ll want to temper your expectations. Hearton Hotel is pretty typical for a Japanese hotel, with sleeping spaces on the smaller side than most Western travellers are accustomed to.
Worth noting is that air-conditioning in the room is centrally controlled. You can adjust this but it’ll require some futzing around with the television as the instructions for doing this are displayed on one of the channels. The hotel will also require you to leave your hotel key at the front desk - presumably for security purposes - when you leave to go exploring for the day. Don’t worry too much - this is pretty standard practice at Japanese hotels.
A small thing that might bother some travellers is the smell of smoke in the lobby. Luckily, this does not extend to the non-smoking hotel rooms, but it’s something to bear in mind. There’s also a laundromat nearby should you need to do some laundry.
The bottom line at Hearton Hotel Shinsaibashi is that you’ll have reasonably priced hotel rooms in a pretty good location. If that’s what you need, this place should fit the bill.
Hearton Hotel Shinsaibashi
1-5-24 Nishi-shinsaibashi, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi, 542-0086
Subway: 2-minute walk from exit 7 of Shinsaibashi Station on the Osaka Metro Midosuji and Nagahori Tsurumi-ryokuchi Lines.
More Budget Osaka Hotels:
View our other recommended budget hotels in Osaka.
Near To Here:
Hearton Hotel Shinsaibashi is located in Osaka's Minami district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Minami district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online from Klook for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy - here's how.
- Find out why it's essential you have travel insurance for Japan - we recommend World Nomads.