This stylish and comfortable hotel is less than a one-minute walk to the main entrance of USJ. Rooms are spacious by Japanese standards, there are some great views from the rooms, and the staff is welcoming. It’s a great choice for a stay at the park.
If your trip to Osaka is centered on a visit to Universal Studios Japan, it doesn’t get better than staying at Park Front Hotel. It’s also located just one minute from the nearest JR station. But more than that, its prime location at the doors of USJ is the main selling point. There’s pretty much no other reason you’d want to book this hotel!
Rooms here are stylish, comfortable, and rather spacious by Japanese standards. The fast WiFi, laundry services, and vending machines on each floor are nice touches too. As a hotel catering to international tourists, though, they are perhaps due a small renovation at some point. We’d certainly like them to have USB ports for charging our devices, rather than continuing to rely on wall chargers!
Unsurprisingly, the Park Front Hotel is more family-friendly than most. Larger rooms and child-friendly facilities aside, they even have the “Time Travel Concierge” on staff. Decked out in swallowtail coat and a silk hat, he’s sure to delight the kids with his antics.
While the hotel does have dining options, they lean on the Western side of the culinary spectrum, with a cafe, pancake shop, frozen yoghurt shop, and pizza parlour making up most of the restaurant offerings in the hotel. Universal Walk is located just nearby with dozens of restaurant choices, so you might be better off grabbing some meals there. The breakfast buffet is perfectly adequate, though.
Like most of the hotels in this area, you can also buy your tickets and fast passes for Universal Studios Japan at the hotel to save time queuing up for tickets at the theme park. It’s also a good base if you’re visiting all the other attractions in the Osaka Bay area, like the aquarium and ferris wheel. The hotel also sells discounted tickets for these!
Of course, the fastest method of all is to purchase USJ tickets online instead. Check out our full guide to making the most of your time at the theme park.
The Park Front Hotel at Universal Studios Japan
ザ パーク フロント ホテル アット ユニバーサル・スタジオ・ジャパン™
6-2-52 Shimaya, Konohana-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka, 554-0024
Train: 1-minute walk from Universal-city Station on the JR Yumesaki Line.
Near To Here:
The Park Front Hotel at Universal Studios Japan is located in Osaka's Osaka Bay district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Osaka Bay district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Family Osaka Hotels:
View our other recommended family hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online from Klook for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy - here's how.
- Find out why it's essential you have travel insurance for Japan - we recommend World Nomads.