If you have an early flight departure from Kansai Airport, then you might want to spend your last night in Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport, which is located directly within the airport.
Having an early morning flight isn’t the most pleasant way to end a vacation. This is all the more so if it’ll take you an hour or more to travel to the airport from the city centre. If you have an early departure from Osaka, why not make the whole affair less stressful and stay at an airport hotel?
Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport, which is directly connected to Kansai Airport by a pedestrian walkway, is the perfect choice for travellers who want to roll out of bed and right onto the airplane with zero fuss or hassle.
Rooms at the Nikko are decently sized. The amenities provided are typical of the Nikko chain of hotels - everything you need is in the room, and of the quality you expect of this chain. A special mention should go to the family-friendly options at the hotel: triple and quadruple rooms are available, as are baby cots on request. It’s fantastic if you’re travelling with children or you have many large suitcases from all the shopping!
The breakfast buffet here also deserves a mention. There’s a wide spread of Japanese and Western options, and for sheer variety and quality, it’s hard to beat eating at the Nikko as your final morning meal before hopping on a plane! That being said, the hotel doesn’t offer room service at this point in time, so don’t expect to be able to order a late-night meal in your room after you check in. You’ll have to check out one of the many dining options either in the hotel or in the airport building right next door.
A night here is not the cheapest option, especially during peak season, but for sheer convenience you can’t beat the Nikko at KIX. Additionally, if you’re keen on squeezing in a last shopping trip before your flight, outlet mall Rinku Town is a short jaunt away on the bus or train.
Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport
1 Senshukuko-kita, Izumisano-shi, 549-0001
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: Directly connected to Kansai-Airport Station on the JR Kansai Airport Line and Nankai Airport Line.
Near To Here:
Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport is located in Osaka's Southern district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Southern district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Family Osaka Hotels:
View our other recommended family hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online from Klook for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy - here's how.
- Find out why it's essential you have travel insurance for Japan - we recommend World Nomads.