Located between Tennoji-koen Park and Shitenno-ji Temple, Super Hotel Osaka Tennoji is an efficient business hotel offering clean, compact rooms at very reasonable rates. It’s also a great jumping-off point for visiting the rest of Osaka. A great option for budget travellers.
With JR Tennoji Station and Tennoji Station a short walk away, Super Hotel Osaka Tennoji is a good budget choice for exploring the immediate Tennoji and Shinsekai areas as well as the rest of Osaka city. The rooms are good value for money and the free breakfast isn’t too shabby either.
As expected for the price you pay, rooms here are small but very clean and functional. Given its location on a busy road, it’s reasonably quiet; but if you’re a very light sleeper, ask the front desk to make sure they provide you with a quiet room. Make sure you ask for a non-smoking room too, if you’re sensitive to smoke.
Be warned that the beds are perfect for most Asian tastes: both mattresses and pillows are on the decidedly firmer side. Anyone above 6'4" will find the bed too short.
Otherwise, you’ll find the usual amenities from free WiFi to tea and an electric kettle. The WiFi deserves mention for being fast and good, which is not always the case at budget hotels. If you’re a business traveller, know that you can request a trouser press and ironing facilities. Other tourists will find the coin laundry facilities a boon.
You could use the bathtub in your hotel too, and indeed, the toilet and bath furnishings are typically modern. However, why would you shower in your room when there’s a public hot spring bath on the first floor?
This public hot spring bath isn’t the fanciest bath, but few things beat soaking in a hot spring bath at the end of a long day of exploring Osaka on foot. The only downside is that the onsen is a little small, so there are different bathing times for men and women, and it’ll be busy at peak hours. If you want to splash out further, you could request an in-room massage for an additional cost.
While the hotel is located within 10 minute walking distance from JR Tennoji Station, the walk there will be partially uphill. This is something to keep in mind if you have a number of suitcases that you’ll be dragging from the station! It might be easiest to take a short taxi ride.
Super Hotel Osaka Tennoji
2-3-3 Ousaka, Tennoji-ku, Osaka-shi, 543-0062
wifi and LAN cable access
Train and Subway: 8-minute walk from Tennoji Station.
Near To Here:
Super Hotel Osaka Tennoji is located in Osaka's Tennoji district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Tennoji district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Budget Osaka Hotels:
View our other recommended budget hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online from Klook for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy - here's how.
- Find out why it's essential you have travel insurance for Japan - we recommend World Nomads.