Directly connected to JR Tennoji Station, Miyako City Osaka Tennoji offers decent, comfortable, and larger-than-average rooms at reasonable rates. It’s a convenient choice for visitors to Osaka.
If you plan on staying in the Tennoji area, Miyako City Osaka Tennoji is a fantastically convenient choice. It’s directly connected to JR Tennoji Station, and you’re within walking distance of a number of interesting places: Shitennoji Temple, Tennoji Park (one of the best parks in the city), and the Shinsekai area, to name a few. Fabulous shopping at Abeno Harukas is a stone’s throw away, while the hotel itself has a sky lounge with great views of the city. The service at the hotel is warm and friendly, too.
Rooms are fairly basic in terms of decor – overall, it looks just a tad dated – but they provide everything you need, from free WiFi to a TV, air purifier, and fridge. Some of the rooms are fairly spacious by Japanese standards. For instance, a superior twin room clocks in at about 28 square metres – definitely not typical for a Japanese hotel. In general, though, the beds are comfortable and everything is clean and reasonably well-kept.
Like an increasing number of hotels in Japan these days, Miyako City Osaka Tennoji provides smartphones for guests to use during their stay. These “handy phones” are provided free of charge, and allow you to make free domestic calls, browse the internet and find your way around town. They’ll bill you if you lose the phone, but it’s an otherwise useful and convenient service.
The breakfast buffet is distinctly Japanese-style, which may not be everyone’s cup of tea first thing in the morning. If that’s the case for you, we suggest skipping breakfast here and heading out to explore some of Osaka’s excellent bakeries.
For those who mind, there’s a pachinko parlour right next door to the hotel. This won’t really impact your stay as the area is generally very safe and the noise levels aren’t high either, but we mention this as it might make some people feel uncomfortable. If this is the case, you may want to consider staying at another hotel.
Miyako City Osaka Tennoji
1-2-8 Matsuzaki-cho, Abeno-ku, Osaka-shi, 545-0053
wifi and LAN cable access
Train and Subway: Directly connected to Osaka-Abenobashi Station on the Kintetsu Minami Osaka Line, and Tennoji Station.
Near To Here:
Miyako City Osaka Tennoji is located in Osaka's Tennoji district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Tennoji district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Osaka Mid-Range and Business Hotels:
View our other recommended mid-range and business hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online from Klook for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- Find out why travel insurance for Japan is essential – World Nomads is well-regarded