Only a 5-minute walk from JR Osaka Station, the InterContinental is a superb luxury hotel. You wouldn’t expect anything less from this international 5-star chain! Some of the rooms offer breathtaking views of the city.
If you’re on the lookout for something to make your stay in Osaka extra special, a 5-star luxury hotel might be what you need. To this end, the swanky InterContinental Osaka near JR Osaka Station is one to consider. The impeccable service alone is already a notch above already-excellent Japanese standards!
Located a short 5-minute walk from the station, the hotel occupies the upper floors of the Grand Front Osaka shopping mall. Those visiting Osaka primarily to shop will find this hotel perfectly situated for taking advantage of the Umeda area’s endless retail therapy options. The proximity to JR Osaka Station means that it’s also a great base if you’re going to head out of the city for day trips elsewhere
The comfortable Western-style rooms at the InterContinental are beautifully outfitted, with stylish Japanese touches like seasonal flowers or handmade ceramic teacups. The sweeping views don’t hurt, either. The hotel even has a 24-hour fitness centre and indoor swimming pool–which is standard for a 5-star hotel anywhere else, but frankly quite rare in Japan.
In terms of in-hotel dining options, we like Pierre, a one Michelin-starred contemporary French restaurant that’s fantastic for a special occasion dinner. Outside of Pierre, though, the other dining options are less impressive. Even the breakfast buffet we think is decent, but not necessarily worth the inflated prices. So unless you value convenience above all else, you might want to consider skipping breakfast and venturing forth into Osaka proper to sample what the city has to offer.
Overall, it’s difficult to fault the InterContinental Osaka. Whether you’re already accustomed to luxury hotels or if it’s a special occasion you’re splashing out for, this hotel is quite likely to meet all your requirements.
Grand Front Osaka Tower C, 3-60 Ofuka-cho, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, 530-0011
〒530-0011 大阪市北区大深町3-60 グランフロント大阪北館タワーC
Train: 5-minute walk from the north central exit of Osaka Station.
Train and Subway: 5-minute walk from Umeda Station.
Near To Here:
InterContinental Osaka is located in Osaka's Kita and Umeda district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Kita and Umeda district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Luxury Osaka Hotels:
View our other recommended luxury hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with a Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world