Visitors to Osaka in the spring of 2023 will find a great new crop of hotels waiting for them. Forget the cookie-cutter business hotels of yesteryear: stylish boutique hotels are now the order of the day. Here are our favorites from a very strong field.
Harmonie Embrassee: Boutique style at budget rates
The Boly Osaka: Boutique, petite charmer in the middle of town
The Boly Osaka
Mimaru Shinsaibashi West: Best family hotel in town
Mimaru Shinsaibashi West
Hotel Cargo Shinsaibashi: Coolest capsule hotel in Japan?
Hotel Cargo Shinsaibashi
Conrad Osaka: Luxury tower in a great location
W Osaka: Mad style in the city center
The Bridge Osaka: Great budget option in Minami
The Bridge Osaka
Hotel Hankyu Respire: Cheap, central and efficient
(View on Booking.com or Agoda.com)
This mostly automated hotel offers clean, compact rooms at incredibly cheap rates. It’s just steps from Osaka Station. There are restaurants and shops galore just downstairs.
Hotel Hankyu Respire
Hotel Vischio Osaka: Solid value in Kita
Hotel Vischio Osaka
More Osaka Hotel Information
- For an overview of the accommodation in different Osaka districts, check out our Where to Stay in Osaka page.
- And for more recommendations and suggestions, check out our guide to Osaka Hotels.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world