The Toyoko Inn Shin-Osaka Chuo-guchi Honkan is a cheap, decent business hotel located a stone’s throw from Shin-Osaka Station. If you’re travelling to and from Shin-Osaka and need a base, this is perfect. Rooms are no-frills but they have everything you might need just to sleep here.
Any Japanese business traveller will be familiar with the Toyoko Inn chain. With hundreds of branches all over Japan, Toyoko Inn offers simple and small rooms with a free breakfast for very reasonable prices.
In terms of amenities, they have everything a business traveller might need or want: free WiFi, a 24-hour front desk, a TV, laundry services (those suits won’t clean themselves), a wake-up service, free domestic phone calls, and massages. Service is polite and efficient.
The Shin-Osaka Chuo-guchi Honkan branch is a typical iteration in this regard. Rooms are basic but comfortable, if on the smaller side. This hotel is a little older than other branches and it shows a little in some of the decor and furnishings. If you are a non-smoker, say so in your booking, as there are rooms for smokers too.
Another thing to take heed of is that the beds are perfect for most Asian tastes, i.e. it’s on the stiffer side. Consider yourself warned if you like softer mattresses.
Light sleepers should also specify a quiet room as one side of the hotel faces the train tracks. Indeed, this branch of Toyoko Inn’s biggest selling point is the location - it’s only 5 minutes on foot from Shin-Osaka Station.
If you just need an affordable base near Shin-Osaka Station to set up for a night or few as you explore Osaka, this hotel isn’t a bad option at all.
Toyoko Inn Shin-Osaka Chuo-guchi Honkan
5-2-9 Nishinakajima, Yodogawa-ku, Osaka-shi, 532-0011
:: Check availability and pricing for the Toyoko Inn Shin-Osaka Chuo-guchi Honkan on Agoda.com
wifi and LAN cable access
Train and Subway: 6-minute walk from the Central Gate of Shin-Osaka Station.
Near To Here:
Toyoko Inn Shin-Osaka Chuo-guchi Honkan is located in Osaka's Shin-Osaka district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Shin-Osaka district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Budget Osaka Hotels:
View our other recommended budget hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world