Near the southeast corner of Osaka Castle Park, this restaurant serves a very decent bowl of curry udon, a spicy and filling dish that’s perfect for powering you through a day of sightseeing. Look for 得正 (Tokumasa) on the sign.
Tokumasa Udon - image © Florentyna Leow
If you need a lunch place near Osaka Castle Park, Tokumasa Udon might be one of your most convenient options: it’s located right opposite the southeast corner of the park, and happens to serve a pretty decent bowl of curry udon to boot.
Run by an elderly couple, Tokumasa is most famous for their beef curry udon. It’s reasonably fragrant, flavourful and tasty, though if pressed we would argue that there are other bowls in the city at the same price point that are equally good or better. Dishes like pork cutlet over rice and crab croquettes are also available and are perfectly decent.
Because of its location, Tokumasa does see queues at lunchtime. Both tourists and local salarymen frequent this place. Though noodle restaurants often have fairly fast turnover, you might not want to stand in line for a while. If that’s the case, an alternative would be to visit Udon Ippuku in the Tanimachi-Yonchome neighbourhood - they also serve a great bowl of curry udon. Check out our review of it for more.
For more Osaka udon choices, see our Best Udon In Osaka page.
1-16-22 Morinomiya-chuo, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi, 540-0003
Subway and Train: 2-minute walk from exit 2 of Morinomiya Station on the Osaka Metro Chuo and Nagahori Tsurumi-ryokuchi Lines and JR Osaka Loop Line.
Official website (Japanese)
:: Read customer reviews of Tokumasa Morinomiya on TripAdvisor.
Near To Here:
Tokumasa Morinomiya is located in Osaka Castle area. See our complete list of things to do in the Osaka Castle area, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Best Osaka Restaurants
See our list of the best Osaka restaurants for even more ideas about great places to eat in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world