May 2023: Please note Shin-Osaka Station Hotel Honkan is temporarily closed. Please see Shin-Osaka Area for other recommendations of where to stay in the area and Best Osaka Hotels For Families for recommended family hotels in Osaka.
A step above most business hotels, Shin-Osaka Station Hotel Honkan has comfortable triple rooms, which are rare in Japan. This is a great choice as a base for day trips, or for an overnight stay before travel to an onward destination.
Shin-Osaka Station Hotel Honkan is a pleasant and convenient place to stay. If you’re travelling with a JR Pass, this is a great choice. Day trips to Hiroshima or Kyoto are made extremely easy by hopping on the bullet train from Shin-Osaka Station, which is just a 4-minute walk from this hotel. Universal Studios Japan is also just 15 minutes away by train, so it’s pretty convenient if you’re visiting the theme park but don’t necessarily need to be in a hotel right in the Osaka Bay area.
Rooms here are on the smaller side, as is typical for Japanese hotels, but are reasonably comfortable. They have all the usual amenities, including ensuite facilities, a fridge, and free mineral water. First-time travellers may find the bathroom very small - you will almost certainly have to leave the bathroom after the shower and change in the hotel room - but know that this is pretty typical for business hotels in Japan.
A plus for Shin-Osaka Station Hotel is that there are triple room options, which is great if you’re travelling with your child. Those with very large suitcases might find the room a little too small, but those who travel light should find the room size entirely adequate.
Breakfast at this hotel is quite decent if you like Japanese-style breakfasts. The rice, fish, vegetables, and pickles is a far better choice than the Western-style breakfast. If you prefer Western-style breakfasts, you’re probably better off venturing out into Osaka to check out the cafes in town than eating in the hotel.
A godsend for travellers on a long trip in Japan is that there are coin-operated laundry machines near the lobby.
If you want to be very near all the action and attractions downtown, Shin-Osaka Station Hotel Honkan isn’t necessarily the best choice. The immediate area around the hotel and this station isn’t particularly interesting. But, it is a great base for exploring areas outside of Osaka, or if you just need an overnight stay near this station before departing the next day.
Shin-Osaka Station Hotel Honkan
1-16-6 Higashinakajima, Higashiyodogawa-ku, Osaka-shi, 533-0033
wifi and LAN cable access
Train and Subway: 4-minute walk from the east exit of Shin-Osaka Station.
Near To Here:
Shin-Osaka Station Hotel Honkan is located in Osaka's Shin-Osaka district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Shin-Osaka district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Family Osaka Hotels:
View our other recommended family hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with a Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world