Quintessa Hotel Osaka Bay is a clean and comfortable hotel, with good rooms for this budget category and convenient access to attractions like the Osaka Aquarium. They also provide free shuttle services to places like JR Osaka Station and Universal Studios Japan!
Opened in 2016, Quintessa Hotel Osaka Bay is a clean, modern, and very pleasant hotel located a stone’s throw from the Intex Exhibition Centre. It’s one station away from Cosmosquare, where the majority of Osaka Bay’s attractions are located.
However, you can even skip getting on the train. Quintessa Hotel knows it’s not the most conveniently located, so they offer complimentary shuttle services to and from Osaka Aquarium, as well as to Universal Studios Japan, Osaka Castle, JR Osaka Station, and Namba.
The hotel staff are warm, friendly and efficient. No doubt location plays a factor, but rooms here are relatively spacious by Japanese standards. They’re modern and tastefully furnished, and come with all kinds of amenities: free toiletries, slippers, hairdryers, an electric kettle in every room, and more. The laundry facilities at the hotel even include detergent. Incidentally, this is a relatively child-friendly hotel, too – there are two playgrounds!
Still, let’s face it: the only reason you really want to stay at the Quintessa Hotel Osaka Bay is if you have business at the Trade Centre, or you’re going to spend a few days visiting Universal Studios Japan or any of the other Osaka Bay attractions. There’s really not much else to do in the immediate area otherwise. If you’re keen on shopping or being closer to all the action, consider another hotel in the Namba, Shinsaibashi, or Umeda areas.
Quintessa Hotel Osaka Bay
1-13-65 Nanko-kita, Suminoe-ku, Osaka-shi, 559-0034
wifi and LAN cable access
New Tram: 5-minute walk from exit 2 of Nakafuto Station on the Osaka Metro Nanko Port Town Line.
Near To Here:
Quintessa Hotel Osaka Bay is located in Osaka's Osaka Bay district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Osaka Bay district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Osaka Mid-Range and Business Hotels:
View our other recommended mid-range and business hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- Find out why travel insurance for Japan is essential – World Nomads is well-regarded