Occupying the top floors of the soaring Abeno Harukas tower down in Tennoji, the Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel offers some of the best views of any hotel in Japan. But beyond that, it’s just a fantastic hotel all around, with superb facilities and staff who go the extra mile for guests. You can sometimes find rates online that put this almost in the mid-budget category, making it a very good deal indeed.
For exceptional city views from the comfort of one’s hotel room, it doesn’t get that much better than Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel. This 5-star hotel is located on top of the soaring Abeno Harukas tower, which is the tallest building in Osaka. If that isn’t enough for you, there’s a 16-floor shopping mall right below for all your retail therapy needs. Tennoji Station is also right in the basement.
All guest rooms are located above the 38th floor, which means sweeping vistas whenever you’re in! The 58th floor, to which hotel guests are provided free entry, features panoramic views of Osaka. However, it must be said that the views from the lobby on the 19th floor are already fantastic.
As befits this international luxury hotel chain, rooms here are gorgeously outfitted and very decently sized. The comfortable beds and feather pillows deserve special mention, as do the rain showers with great water pressure in some of the plusher rooms.
Gyms aren’t common in Japan by any stretch of the imagination, but as befits a 5-star hotel like this, there’s a well-equipped fitness centre. Unfortunately there isn’t also a swimming pool, but that’s one of the very few aspects in which the Osaka Marriott falls short compared to other similar hotels internationally.
Overall, the Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel is one to consider if you’re looking for a luxury Western-style hotel in this city. The only thing we’d really suggest is skipping the hotel restaurants - you have a plethora of dining options in Abeno Harukas below, and there’s the rest of Osaka to explore, too.
Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel
1-1-43 Abenosuji, Abeno-ku, Osaka-shi, 545-0052
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: Directly connected to Osaka-Abenobashi Station on the Kintetsu Minami Osaka Line.
Train and Subway: 2-minute walk from Tennoji Station.
Near To Here:
Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel is located in Osaka's Tennoji district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Tennoji district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Luxury Osaka Hotels:
View our other recommended luxury hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online from Klook for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- Find out why travel insurance for Japan is essential – World Nomads is well-regarded