October 2022: Please note Kushitaku has now permanently closed. Please see our Minami Area page for more dining recommendations in the district. Also get more yakaotri restaurants in Osaka or see all our recommended restaurants in Osaka.
Kushitaku’s yakitori is a cut above many other restaurants in the surrounding Shinsaibashi area: they use a special free-range breed that’s far more flavourful than your average chicken. It’s a fantastic place to level up on your yakitori dining experiences!
Kushitaku - image © Florentyna Leow
Patience is a virtue, or so the saying goes. At Kushitaku, patience certainly reaps rich rewards: they use Kagoshima-raised Sanbai-dori, a breed of chicken which takes three times as long to raise than regular free-range chicken. It’s a little more expensive, but there’s a depth of flavour and a delicious chew you don’t get with the usual meat - proof that good things come to those who wait.
What does one eat here? The usual skewers, of course - they have all the chicken parts you could ever want and then some. Thigh, breast, heart, breast-and-leek, gizzards, and more. Then there’s chicken sashimi, assorted pickles, chicken skin in ponzu sauce, rainbow baby leaf salad, chicken-and-egg rice, grilled rice balls, tofu and ikura roe, and more. A standout dish here is the Kin no Tsukune, or “Golden Meatball.” They’re so confident you’ll love it that if you don’t, they’ll give it to you for free if you have any complaints!
Kushitaku’s surroundings are appropriately a little more upscale than most yakitori restaurants. It’s the kind of place that wouldn’t hurt for a romantic date or a slightly fancier dinner. Still, at the end of the day, it’s yakitori - you’re there for great food and several beers to go with it. Eat here if you can when you’re in Shinsaibashi.
For more Osaka yakitori choices, see our Best Yakitori In Osaka page.
2F EAST Shinsaibashi KM bldg., 1-3-29 Higashi-shinsaibashi, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi, 542-0083
〒542-0083 大阪市中央区東心斎橋1-3-29 EAST心斎橋KMビル2F
Closed Wednesday, and 1st and 3rd Tuesday
Subway: 2-minute walk from exit 5-A of Nagahoribashi Station on the Osaka Metro Sakaisuji and Nagahori Tsurumi-ryokuchi Lines.
Official website (Facebook in Japanese)
:: Read customer reviews of Kushitaku on TripAdvisor.
Near To Here:
Kushitaku is located in Osaka's Minami district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Minami district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Restaurant Recommendations:
See more yakaotri restaurants in Osaka or see all our recommended restaurants in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world