The Konosuke Matsushita Museum in eastern Osaka is all about the life of the founder of the Panasonic Group. It’s worth going only if you’re already interested in the company and its founder - otherwise, you can give it a miss.
Konosuke Matsushita Museum: Ohgi – CC BY 3.0, from Wikimedia Commons
This museum in eastern Osaka is a small museum dedicated to showcasing the business history of the Panasonic Group through exhibits on the life of Konosuke Matsushita, who founded what is now one of Japan’s major corporate groups. Visitors to the museum can expect a detailed look into his management philosophy, numerous photographs of the man himself, and insights into his role in Japan’s manufacturing industry and post-war recovery.
Is it worth visiting this museum? Only go if you're interested in the history of Panasonic or who Konosuke Matsushita was, but otherwise, it doesn’t really warrant a special trip.
Konosuke Matsushita Museum
1006 Oaza Kadoma, Kadoma-shi, 571-8501
9am-5pm (last entry pm)
Train: 2-minute walk from Nishisanso Station on the Keihan Main Line.
Official Website (English)
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- Find out why travel insurance for Japan is essential – World Nomads is well-regarded