Hotel WBF Art Stay Osaka Namba isn’t your run-of-the-mill, conventionally designed hotel. This hotel in Minami features cozy, compact rooms covered with adorable children's drawings – perfect for people who love a splash of fun and colour in their rooms!
If you’re looking for a hotel that’s a little different from the rest, Hotel WBF Art Stay Osaka Namba is just the ticket. Art lovers will enjoy the design and concept of this place: several rooms, the restaurant, and the elevator hall are covered in stunning wall artworks by professional artists. The majority of the hotel rooms are decorated with charming drawings by the children of ‘Ban Rom Sai’ in Thailand, a home for children who have lost their parents due to AIDS, or have contracted HIV from their parents. It’s a place to feel that youthful energy and creativity!
As a hotel, the facilities are entirely decent for the central location. Size-wise, they’re on the compact side, which is typical for Japanese hotels – we wouldn’t recommend many large suitcases in most of the rooms. That being said, each ensuite room does come with everything you might expect of a good hotel. There’s a fridge, hair dryer, sleepwear, electric kettle, tea, and TV. In-room lighting is pretty good, too.
Like an increasing number of hotels in Japan these days, Hotel WBF Art Stay Osaka Namba also provides smartphones for guests to use during their stay. These “handy phones” are provided free of charge, and allow you to make free domestic calls, browse the internet and find your way around town. They’ll bill you if you lose the phone, but it’s an otherwise useful and convenient service.
One of the many small touches that sets Hotel WBF Art Stay Osaka Namba apart is their shampoo bar. That’s right - there’s an entire shelf of different shampoos and conditioners in the lobby for guests to take back to their rooms and try out. If you ever wanted to try different brands before committing to an entire bottle, this is a great way to do it!
When you check in, don’t forget to sign up for membership. This is free and takes next to no time, but what it does nab you is access to an area where you get free coffee, tea, wine, and sake. You can also order small bowls of complimentary ramen at night.
Location-wise, this is a good hotel – a stone’s throw from all the shopping thrills of Den-Den Town, a 7-minute walk from Kuromon Market, and a 15-minute walk from Dotonbori. The hotel offers free bike rental (3 hours maximum), which is a great way to see Osaka. Don’t expect luxury if you stay here, but it’s a fun hotel – which is more than can be said for most places – and decent value for money.
Hotel WBF Art Stay Osaka Namba
5-8-25 Nippombashi, Naniwa-ku, Osaka-shi, 556-0005
Subway: 1-minute walk from exit 1-A of Ebisucho Station on the Osaka Metro Sakaisuji Line.
Near To Here:
Hotel WBF Art Stay Osaka Namba is located in Osaka's Minami district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Minami district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Osaka Mid-Range and Business Hotels:
View our other recommended mid-range and business hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online from Klook for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy - here's how.
- Find out why it's essential you have travel insurance for Japan - we recommend World Nomads.