For business travellers seeking a decent hotel in Osaka, you can’t really go wrong with Hotel MyStays Sakaisuji Honmachi. Rooms here are modern and functional.
Honmachi is where Osaka’s business center is, and doesn’t have all that many tourist attractions. However, it does have many great eating options, and it’s a distinctly more low-key area than busier districts like Namba or Umeda. One decent accommodation option in this area is Hotel MyStays Sakaisuji Honmachi.
As expected of the MyStays brand, rooms are modern, clean, and functional. They’re not terribly large, but this is to be expected of Japanese hotel rooms. (Don’t worry - they’re not shoeboxes!) They come equipped with all the amenities you expect from a business hotel, from free WiFi to laundry machines. There’s also an air purifier and trouser press in each room.
Some of the rooms also have a kitchenette and a microwave. This is rather helpful if you’re a long-term guest, as you can just have takeaway breakfasts in your room some mornings!
The hotel breakfast is decent for the price, but it’s not exactly a great variety of food every morning. It’s convenient, but this is one hotel where we think you might be better off trying lots of convenience store sandwiches or rice balls instead, after one or two mornings downstairs!
If you’re a tourist rather than a business traveller, this hotel might not be the most convenient if you want to be on the doorstep of all the action in Namba and Dotonbori. From the nearest subway station, Sakaisuji-Honmachi, you’ll most likely have to change trains whenever you’re travelling around Osaka city to various tourist destinations. This won’t prove much of an issue when the train system is this regular and efficient, but it may factor into your decision when choosing a place to stay. Overall, this is a decent choice for business travellers.
Hotel MyStays Sakaisuji Honmachi
1-4-8 Awaji-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi, 541-0047
Subway and Train: 5-minute walk from exit 5 of Kitahama Station on the Osaka Metro Sakaisuji Line and Keihan Main Line.
Near To Here:
Hotel MyStays Sakaisuji Honmachi is located in Osaka's Central district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Central district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Osaka Mid-Range and Business Hotels:
View our other recommended mid-range and business hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world