If you’re looking for a green space for a walk or to exercise the kids, check out this compact park about 35 minutes southeast of central Osaka.
Hoshida suspension bridge
It’s easy to get overwhelmed by the crowds and concrete of central Osaka. If you need a breather, jump on the JR Osaka Loop Line and then switch to the Gakkentoshi Line at Kyobashi. In just over a half an hour, you’ll find yourself in the suburban town of Hoshida.
A short walk from the station you’ll find this park, which occupies a small hill in the town. There’s a playground and a network of short hiking the trails. The highlight of the park is the suspension bridge that goes over the forest canopy in the middle of the park.
3 Hoshida, Katano, Osaka 〒576-0016
open 24 hours
5 min walk from Hoshida Station on the JR Gakkentoshi Line (which runs from JR Kyobashi Station on the JR Loop Line)
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with a Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world