Herbis Plaza is a shopping, dining and entertainment plaza on the south side of JR Osaka Station. It specializes in upscale shops, but the dining options are generally mid-range or budget.
Herbis Plaza: Kojach / CC BY 2.0
If you’re looking to do some quick shopping or get a bite to eat in the Kita District of Osaka, Herbis is a good place to start. It’s a five-minute walk southwest of JR Osaka Station. Many upscale international brands have shops here, so it’s a good spot for some high-end shopping under one roof – you’ll find brands like Gucci and Tiffany here.
Unlike the shops, the restaurants are generally much more reasonable and you’ll find a good selection of Japanese and international cuisine. Finally, there’s a theatre and concert hall.
2-5-25 Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, 530-0001
Shopping Floor: 11am-8pm
Restaurant Floor: 11am-10:30pm
Train and Subway: 5 min walk from the Sakurabashi exit of Osaka Station, Osaka-Umeda Station on the Hanshin Main Line, and Nishi-Umeda Station on the Osaka Metro Yotsubashi Line.
Official Website (English)
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world