At Shin-Osaka Station and need a last-minute souvenir? If you’re inside the ticket gates of JR Shin-Osaka Station, you’re in luck - Eki Marche is here to satisfy all your gift shopping and dining needs.
Eki Marche Shin-Osaka - image © Florentyna Leow
Where there’s a major station in Japan, there’s a shopping complex. JR Shin-Osaka Station is no different. It houses Eki Marche, a collection of 36-odd shops and restaurants to satisfy all your souvenir shopping and dining needs. Best of all, Eki Marche is located inside the ticket gates. It’s perfect if you’re in between trains and need to eat or buy some gifts en route to your next destination.
The shops here range from restaurants to gift retailers, mostly specializing in Kansai-made souvenirs and culinary specialties. Don’t forget to at least have a look at the Naniwa Taiyaki Pie - this red bean paste-filled fish-shaped pastry is one of the most popular souvenirs here, and definitely isn’t as odd as it sounds.
Plus, there’s plenty of restaurants to choose from when you’re hungry. Kushikatsu (deep-fried, battered skewers), ramen, takoyaki (octopus batter dumplings), omurice (ketchup rice covered with an omelette), sushi - the sky’s the limit here. Your only problem is deciding which place to eat at.
Eki Marche Shin-Osaka
3F Shin-Osaka Station, 5-16-1 Nishinakajima, Yodogawa-ku, Osaka-shi, 532-0011
〒532-0011 大阪市淀川区西中島5-16-1 新大阪駅3F
Varies by shop
Varies by shop
Train: Inside the ticket gates of JR regular lines in Shin-Osaka Station.
Official website (English)
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online from Klook for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy - here's how.
- Find out why it's essential you have travel insurance for Japan - we recommend World Nomads.