The Cupnoodles Museum Osaka Ikeda is a surprisingly interesting attraction for both adults and children. If you’ve ever enjoyed a bowl of instant noodles, you’ll probably enjoy this museum.
Cupnoodles Museum Osaka Ikeda: KARYI YEAP / Shutterstock.com
Instant ramen is a godsend for college students and cash-strapped millennials all over the world. Whether or not you’ve transcended your instant ramen days, it’s a foodstuff we should all feel a deep sense of gratitude for. What better way to pay homage to this life-saving processed food than by visiting an institution dedicated to it?
When you’re in Osaka, make sure you head north to the Cupnoodles Museum Osaka Ikeda. This place is a tad more interactive than your average ‘look but don’t touch’ museum. Here, you can learn how to make fresh ramen, walk through the Instant Noodles Tunnel (it’s pretty trippy), and discover for yourself the science and history behind its inception.
But the highlight must surely be the chance to make your own customised Cup Noodle ramen. You’ll design the packaging, select the soup, and pick out a few ingredients to go into it before the staff seal it for you. It’s a perfect souvenir from your visit here.
Cupnoodles Museum Osaka Ikeda
8-25 Masumi-cho, Ikeda-shi, 563-0041
9:30am-4:30pm (last entry 3:30pm)
Closed Tuesday, or the following Wednesday when Tuesday is a national holiday
Train: 6-minute walk from Ikeda Station on the Hankyu Takarazuka Line.
:: Check availability and pricing for hotels near Cupnoodles Museum Osaka Ikeda Park on Booking.com or Agoda.com.
Official Website (English)
Near To Here:
Cupnoodles Museum Osaka Ikeda is located in Osaka's northern district. See our complete list of things to do in the Osaka's northern district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world