The only proper luxury hotel at Shin-Osaka, this fine hotel is great for travellers who intend to use the shinkansen to explore central Japan. Rooms are relatively spacious by Japanese hotel standards - fantastic for families travelling with children.
If you’re willing to pay a little more for a hotel that’s right next to a major train station, and has decently-sized rooms with good views, look no further than the Courtyard by Marriott Shin-Osaka Station. If you’ve stayed at this international hotel chain, you’ll know what to expect.
The clean, comfortable, and moder rooms are pretty spacious by Japanese standards. Being located on the 14th to 18th floors of a tall building doesn’t hurt, as you get some fine views from the rooms. If you’re travelling with young children, you can request a cot or two for them. This isn’t particularly common at most Japanese hotels.
Another plus point is the on-site fitness centre -– hotel gyms are a rarity in Japan. The breakfast buffet has a decent selection of food; and the on-site teppanyaki restaurant is a pretty good dinner option if you’ve just arrived and have no energy to go hunting for food in the immediate area!
If you’re travelling with a JR Pass, Courtyard by Marriott is a great choice. Day trips to Hiroshima or Kyoto are made extremely easy by hopping on the bullet train from Shin-Osaka Station, which is just a 4-minute walk from this hotel. Universal Studios Japan is also just 15 minutes away by train, so it’s pretty convenient if you’re visiting the theme park but don’t necessarily need to be in a hotel right in the Osaka Bay area.
If you want to be very near all the action and attractions downtown, Courtyard by Marriott isn’t necessarily the best choice. The immediate area around the hotel and this station isn’t particularly interesting. But, it is a great base for exploring areas outside of Osaka such as Kyoto or Kobe, or if you just need an overnight stay near this station before departing the next day.
Courtyard by Mariott Shin-Osaka Station
1-2-70 Miyahara, Yodogawa-ku, Osaka-shi, 532-0003
wifi and LAN cable access
Train and Subway: 1-minute walk from the north exit of Shin-Osaka Station.
Near To Here:
Courtyard by Mariott Shin-Osaka Station is located in Osaka's Shin-Osaka district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Shin-Osaka district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Family Osaka Hotels:
View our other recommended family hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world