With stunning views of Osaka from its rooms, gorgeous spa and wellness facilities, and a fantastic collection of contemporary art incorporated into the hotel decor, the Conrad Osaka holds its own with other luxury hotels in the city.
The Conrad Osaka is a fine choice for travellers who want a top-notch, modern, and comfortable stay. Service is helpful and friendly, and the staff speak good English. All hotel rooms here have floor-to-ceiling windows – all the better to enjoy the stunning views of Osaka at any time of the day.
As expected of the Conrad brand, the rooms are spacious and well-appointed, with all the usual amenities one might find of a hotel of this ilk. Think ensuite facilities, a flat-screen TV, bathrobes, free toiletries, a coffee machine, and electric kettle.
Usefully enough, there are two barrier-free rooms at the Conrad. Children up to the age of 11 can also stay with parents for free, which makes the Conrad a nice family-friendly option to consider. The hotel will even provide children’s slippers, toothbrushes, and shampoo on request. Baby beds are also available. You’ll need to make these requests in advance where possible.
The Conrad Osaka’s decor – or rather, contemporary art collection – deserves special mention. With a number of sculptures and shiny curtain artworks in the lobby, not to mention the 380+ artworks displayed throughout the hotel, it’s more like an art gallery than the entrance to a hotel. This alone makes it worth the slightly inconvenient location, especially if you’re an art lover.
Why might we think it’s in a slightly inconvenient location? While it is in Kita Ward, the surrounding area isn’t quite as happening as Umeda or Namba. Nor is Higobashi Station – which is a mere 5 minutes away on foot – a major train stop; JR Osaka Station is a 7-minute ride away. This makes it less than perfectly accessible, especially if you have heavy suitcases. Save yourself the trouble and hop into a taxi from Osaka Station if you’re heading to the Conrad.
3-2-4 Nakanoshima, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, 530-0005
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: Directly connected to exit 12 of Watanabebashi Station on the Keihan Nakanoshima Line.
Subway: Directly connected to exit 4 of Higobashi Station on the Osaka Metro Yotsubashi Line.
Near To Here:
Conrad Osaka is located in Osaka's Kita and Umeda district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Kita and Umeda district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Luxury Osaka Hotels:
View our other recommended luxury hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with a Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world