Located along the vibrant, bustling Dotombori Arcade, Chibo is one of the city’s most popular okonomiyaki restaurants, and for good reason - the pancakes here are awesome. It’s English-friendly, so don’t fret about ordering!
Chibo - image © Florentyna Leow
Visitors to the Dotombori area are spoilt with choices when it comes to finding a place to eat. One reliable, fail-safe option is Chibo, an okonomiyaki specialist on Dotombori Arcade itself. It’s a wide-ranging menu, but if it’s your first time, get the signature Chibo: cooked on a hot plate till gorgeously griddled, it’s stuffed with beef, pork, scallops, and tiger prawn, in addition to the red ginger, cabbage, eggs, and grated mountain yam in the better. How tasty does that sound?
If that doesn’t float your boat, there are plenty of other options, like yakisoba (stir-fried noodles) or other teppanyaki dishes.
Chibo - image © Florentyna Leow
Chibo has an English-language menu that makes ordering a breeze. It is also proof that restaurant chains aren’t bad at all: it’s a successful business with 60 branches worldwide.
Osaka Restaurant Reservations Service: You easily make hassle-free reservations online for scores of Osaka restaurants, many Michelin-starred, with Voyagin's Osaka Restaurant Reservation Service.
For more Osaka okonomiyaki choices, see our Best Okonomiyaki in Osaka page.
1-5-5 Dotonbori, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi, 542-0071
Sunday and national holidays: 11am-12am
Subway and Train: 3-minute walk from exit B26 of Nippombashi Station on the Osaka Metro Sakaisuji and Sennichimae Lines, and Kintetsu-Nippombashi Station on the Kintetsu Namba Line.
Official website (English)
:: Read customer reviews of Chibo on TripAdvisor.
Best Osaka Restaurants
See our list of the best Osaka restaurants for even more ideas about great places to eat in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online from Klook for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- Find out why travel insurance for Japan is essential – World Nomads is well-regarded