In the heart of the Kita-Shinchi entertainment district, this hotel is at the upper end of the mid-range price bracket and it can feel like a proper luxury hotel.
ANA Crowne Plaza Osaka is a 5-star hotel overlooking the Dojima River. It might not be right at the center of all the shopping action, but if you want a comfortable stay with fantastic city views, this is a great choice. Plus, the hotel offers a free shuttle service that’ll take you to Osaka Station in 10 minutes.
Rooms are relatively spacious and are well-outfitted. A special mention must go to the toiletries, which are a cut above the usual hotels in this price range, and amenities such as bath salts and eye masks in the room. We also love that all rooms have enough wall sockets to charge devices – there’s one by each bed! While the WiFi is generally quite fast, it can get a little spotty during the evening after dinner hours.
As is typical of the ANA Crowne Plaza chain of hotels, the breakfast buffet has a good variety of Japanese food, and a few Western options like cereal and fruits. The other onsite dining options are decent, but unless all your business meetings are taking place in the hotel, we’d recommend heading out into Osaka city proper for lunches and dinners wherever possible.
There’s a 24-hour fitness centre on site; even better is that the hotel offers free access to this for guests. This is a real rarity in Japan, so if having a hotel gym is important to you, we recommend booking a stay here. ANA Crowne Plaza also has a swimming pool, which is equally uncommon for hotels in Japan.
ANA Crowne Plaza Osaka
1-3-1 Dojimahama, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, 530-0004
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 3-minute walk from exit 2 of Oebashi Station on the Keihan Nakanoshima Line.
Subway and Train: 7-minute walk from exit 7 of Yodoyabashi Station on the Osaka Metro Midosuji Line and Keihan Main Line.
Near To Here:
ANA Crowne Plaza Osaka is located in Osaka's Kita and Umeda district. See our complete list of things to do in Osaka's Kita and Umeda district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Osaka Mid-Range and Business Hotels:
View our other recommended mid-range and business hotels in Osaka.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Osaka guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Osaka
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world